If I take a testosterone supplement will I gain more muscle mass?

Maybe, But your testicles will shrink and you will lower your sperm count, possibly becoming infertile!
Temporarily. Ped's are dangerous and give a temporary muscle boost. As soon as you discontinue the androgens your muscles will shrink. Additionally, there so many adverse reactions to testo use that it just makes no sense.
Possibly. Anabolic steroids will help you to gain muscle mass, but you run the risk of permanently reducing your natural ability to continue to produce testosterone. It is not advised. If your goal is to gain muscle mass, anaerobic exercise is best, with weight lifting to stress your muscles to make them grow.
Supplementing. testosterone will help you to add muscle mass. However, it may temporarily or permanently decrease your body's ability to produce it's own testosterone. Similarly, it can depress or stop sperm production. So, it is not recommended for young, healthy people. Rather, it should be reserved for those who have symptomatic low testosterone levels.