What is the connection between sepsis, gout, hypertension and heart failure (chf)?

Complex. Gout may predispose to secondary joint or renal infection. Infection can produce sepsis which can exacerbate heart failure by multiple mechanisms. Hypertension may lead to heart failure.
Obesity? There is no clear link in the various processes listed above, but morbid obesity put you at risk for all of these... If I saw a thin patient with all of those i'd say that central sleep apnea could account for three (sepsis, heart failure, and hypertension), but not gout. With weight loss heart failure, hypertension, and gout can be easier controlled or eliminated.
Great Question. My best answer is they can all occur do to the domino effect of a serious disease.