What is the connection between sepsis, gout, hypertension and heart failure (chf)?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Complex

Gout may predispose to secondary joint or renal infection.
Infection can produce sepsis which can exacerbate heart failure by multiple mechanisms. Hypertension may lead to heart failure.

In brief: Complex

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Obesity?

There is no clear link in the various processes listed above, but morbid obesity put you at risk for all of these.
.. If i saw a thin patient with all of those i'd say that central sleep apnea could account for three (sepsis, heart failure, and hypertension), but not gout. With weight loss heart failure, hypertension, and gout can be easier controlled or eliminated.

In brief: Obesity?

Dr. William Walsh
Dr. William Walsh

In brief: Great Question

My best answer is they can all occur do to the domino effect of a serious disease.

In brief: Great Question

Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Marsha Davis