Think I have ocd. Tripped and my mouth touched a shopping cart.No open wound however now im very worried about getting sick. Is this probable?

Dr. Douglas Bey

In brief: Very unlikely

The problem is that OCD is the "doubting disease" and reassurance may not relieve your worries.

In brief: Very unlikely

Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Susan Uhrich

In brief: Not likely

Our bodies are miracles.
They are very capable of fighting overwhelming odds and healing. Just touching you lip to a shopping cart should cause no concern. Just wash the area once.

In brief: Not likely

Our bodies are miracles.
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Unlikely.

You'll be fine. Also paranoia is not a symptom of obsessive-compulsive disorder.

In brief: Unlikely.

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
You may be right. There is treatment for OCD. Get good advice from a mental health professional
Dr. Eric Weisman