When massaged, I feel energy running through my body from the massaged area all the way to my head or to other parts of the body.What and why is that?

Dr. Michael DePietro
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Hard to say

Its hard to explain the subjective feelings a person might get in this kind of situation, but there is no evidence of "energy flows" or that sort of thing that we can objectively measure.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Michael DePietro
Dr. Michael DePietro
Justin Fuehrer
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Increased Blood Flow

It could be something such as increased blood flow to the muscles after stimulation.
Or since you are so relaxed, it could be due to dilation of your blood vessels, which also would increase blood flow.

In brief: Increased Blood Flow

Justin Fuehrer
Justin Fuehrer
Answer assisted by Justin Fuehrer, Medical Student
Dr. William Forsythe