Where can I get an EKG done for cheap? This is for a murmur that my doctor said I shouldn't worry about.

Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: Common

Most murmurs are benign (innocent) - stay in touch with your doctor if you develop symptoms that concern you.
Dr nguyen was quite correct in saying that ekg will add very little to the elucidation of a murmur's significance.

In brief: Common

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
David Miller

In brief: Not the best test

An ekg is not necessarily the best test for a murmur, especially one your doc suggested you not worry about.
There are some benign murmurs. An u/s of the heart (echocardiogram) is a better test to evaluate valvular stuctures but if you feel well, have no symptoms and your doctor had told you not to worry about the murmur, i wouldn't pursue the studies on your own.

In brief: Not the best test

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Harris Cohen

In brief: EKG

If your doctor heard a murmur, a more appropriate test is an echocardiogram (ultrasound of the heart) -- this allows the valves and heart function to be visualized.
An ekg is a helpful first test, and is usually performed in the office of your primary care physician.

In brief: EKG

Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Umesh Patel