Can I use the rate at which my facial hair grows as a proxy to see how strong my level of human growth hormone is, roughly speaking?

Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: Not exactly

I don't think the notion you are raising has been looked at from scientific standpoint.
Although its true that growth hormone is influential in hair growth, there are other growth promoting factors such as estrogen, thyroid and testosterone hormones. The hormone that can closely correlate with endogenous (or exogenous) gh levels is Insulin like growth factor 1 (and to a lesser extent igf-bp3).

In brief: Not exactly

Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Neurosurgery

In brief: No

Growth hormone is not responsible for hair length or rate of growth.
Facial hair growth is more attributable to sex hormone secretion from the pituitary like fsh/lh and testosterone levels as a feedback loop of the testicle, adrenal, and pituitary gland. Growth hormone is more responsible for skeletal growth and height.

In brief: No

Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Marsha Davis