How to clear up a scar?

Time. Scars mature and can continue to improve for up to a year. They are sun-sensitive and may become hyperpigmented with sun exposure. The best way to treat a scar depends on the scar. Options include silicone gel, silicone sheeting, use of filler (for spot or crater-like scars), laser therapy, hydroquinone, dermabrasion, or kenalog (triamcinolone) injection, or surgical scar revision. See your plastic surgeon.
Healing scars. When our bodies sustain an injury, the immediate response is inflammation (red, hot, tender swelling). This is the body increasing the blood flow and bringing healing factors to the area and also the veins expand to carry bad stuff away. As healing occurs, new tissues fill in that are different than normal and less elastic. This is a scar. Over time it will fade in color but always be there.