I have intermittent pain on the left side of of my body right below my ribs. It gets worse after eating and exercising. It makes me nauseous. Ideas?

Dr. Brett Kalmowitz
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: ? stomach ulcer

Agree with dr. Werner but could also consider checking the stomach for an ulcer or gastritis.
An endoscopy is a quick way to figure that out.

In brief: ? stomach ulcer

Dr. Brett Kalmowitz
Dr. Brett Kalmowitz
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: 2 options

There are two major structures that live there: your spleen and the junction of your transverse and descending color (splenic flexture - pictured).
Since it occurs after eating, it's more likely the latter but needs to be checked. Inflammatory bowel and irritable bowel disease are likely candidates. You need a diagnosis before treatment can be safely advised since it may or may not be serious.

In brief: 2 options

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine