I got paraguard 2 mo ago. My period is 4 days late. I feel dizzy and get really bad cramps? Should I be worried?

Dr. Kevin Daus

In brief: Paragard

Take a home pregnancy test and if negative, then give it a few more days.
If no cycle then, see your doc. Good question!

In brief: Paragard

Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Tucker Kueny

In brief: Seek Care

Women often get heavier periods with paraguard.
Worse cramping can also be normal. While common, these 2 symptoms can also mean that the iud is out of place. It is also concerning that your period is late. While it is rare to have a tubal pregnancy, it is possible. You should make an appointment to see your doctor to make sure that you are not pregnant and that the iud is in the right place.

In brief: Seek Care

Dr. Tucker Kueny
Dr. Tucker Kueny
Dr. Jumnah Thanapathy
You may also consider a home pregnancy test and if it is positive seek medical attention immediately
Dr. David Finke

In brief: See your doc

There is nothing wrong with being more patient after you take a pregnancy test and it is negative.
For the severe cramps, i would recommend an ultrasound to ensure proper placement of the iud. If the pregnancy test is negative, but you still have severe pain, see your doctor asap. They may do blood pregnancy test to rule out an ectopic pregnancy.

In brief: See your doc

Dr. David Finke
Dr. David Finke
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham