I have acute spasm on lft side .Bad diarrhea last tues.Pain if I eat.So very little food since then.No b.M since .Can't bear pain if I eat.?

Mike Moore
In brief: Bad pain & diarrhea
If you haven't had much to eat for several days, & you have what sounds like severe pain when you eat you should really be evaluated by a physician without delay.
At the very least you are at risk of dehydration. Six days of persistent symptoms is worrisome for significant infection, inflammation, ischemia of the gut or even a disease state elsewhere in the abdomen. Don't try to sit this one out!

In brief: Bad pain & diarrhea
Mike Moore
Mike Moore
Answer assisted by Mike Moore, Medical Student
Dr. Mark Rasak
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Need work up asap!
Serious conditions such as colitis , chrons dz , diverticulitis , etc.
Not to mention a possible tumor or obstruction. If your having a fever then i would go to er if you can't in to see your family dr right away. You need blood work , a stool sample analysis , and a colonoscopy.

In brief: Need work up asap!
Dr. Mark Rasak
Dr. Mark Rasak
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine