I wake up in the morning with an aching pain in the outside part of my right foot. It goes after a few minutes of standing/walking. What is this?

Mike Moore

In brief: Stretching

Not sure if this has happend once or it happens ever morning.
A couple of things could be causing it. 1st, you could have a problem with the tendons/ligaments in your foot that resolves with standing and stretching it out. 2nd, remember you move quite a bit in your sleep, & you can pull and strain things even then. Either way if it goes away with minutes of normal activity, i would be reassured.

In brief: Stretching

Mike Moore
Mike Moore
Answer assisted by Mike Moore, Medical Student
Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Foot pain

Sound typical for tendinitis.
Use an over the counter Ibuprofen or naproxen, topical aspercream, ice and or heat. Not improving check with your physician.

In brief: Foot pain

Sound typical for tendinitis.
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Steven Seres