Brown spotting once preceded with low abdominal pain at 17 weeks pregnant. I went to the dr heard the heartbeat and saw the baby any recommendations?

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Good News
Spotting and pain in pregnancy always need to be evaluated.
You have a healthy baby on ultrasound and that is good news. I assume your doc looked for other causes of the symptoms. If the spotting and pain continue get checked again. Your doc will look for problems of the cervix, placenta and uterus that could cause problem. For now, reassurance. Best wishes.

In brief: Good News
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Miguel Cano
In brief: Yeah
Listen to your doctor. Pelvic rest (no vaginal intercourse), rest, keep hydrated, and no valsalva-type (heavy lifting, straining.
..Etc) activity for a while. An ultrasound would be nice to ensure a normal cervix, locate the placenta, and ensure a normal baby. On a positive note, your symptoms are fairly common. Make sure you let your doc know if they persist or worsen.

In brief: Yeah
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Jonathan Jassey