Does an abscess tooth extraction hurt?

Maybe. The removal of an infected tooth usually has discomfort. Sometimes it can be painful depending on how involved the extraction is, if the patient is a smoker, if the patient is non compliant with after care instructions, etc. Usually most patients recover fine and pain medications will help them get through the first few days. Good luck.
Possibly. An abscess is acidic. Dental anesthetic works best in an alkaline environment. So the abscess may work against the anesthetic. That does not mean that a surgeon or dentist can't get you numb, it may just take more anesthetic. Sedation is a great way to go for an extraction if that fits into your budget. You will remember nothing afterwords.
Potentially. If there is severe pain and pressure, sometimes fully effective numbing of the area can not be achieved and the extraction may be painful. Other times, the tooth may be extracted without pain.