What will happen if I sleep after I eat? Im having a hard time to sleep if I don't eat before going to bed.

Dr. Slade Suchecki

In brief: Depends

It likely depends on the diet.
High carb meals or meals w/ sweets can cause excessive somnolence. It is worse if you have glucose intolerance. For this, i would discuss w/ your doctor and run a few screening labs to ensure you are not diabetic or headed that way. Otherwise, if you sleep after eating, the most likely outcome will be weight gain. Consider small meals more frequently.

In brief: Depends

It likely depends on the diet.
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Maybe nothing

For many, eating and then going to sleep will be fine.
..Babies do that all the time.. For adult, especially for heavy folks, sleeping after big meals can increase reflux/heartburn etc...Also, sleeping after meals means burning less calories--thus increase chance of obesity. If you are not over weight and not having trouble with reflux etc....I don't see other downside now...

In brief: Maybe nothing

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Steven Seres