What can I do about an extremely swollen lip after taking antibiotics for tooth abscess?

Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Call the dentist

You may be developing an allergic reaction.
Your doctor can advise you. Usually, the medication will be switched to a different one and taking Benadryl (diphenhydramine) may be recommended. If you have wheezing and difficulty breathing, call 911 or go straight to the er.

In brief: Call the dentist

Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Call your dentist

I am assuming a professional placed you on antibiotics.
You should call your dentist to explain what's going on & how best to treat\deal with it. You did not mention how long ago you were placed on antibiotics. It might take longer to work, or you might need a stronger does, need to take it more frequently, a change in the specific antibiotic, or have to be seen for drainage of an acute infection.

In brief: Call your dentist

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine