Why does your heart beat so fast after you have been drinking a lot of wine?

Holiday Heart. Larger amounts of alchol is an irritant to the heart muscle and can sometimes cause significant palpitations (usually the next day). This is called holiday heart syndrome. Drink in moderation (usually less than 2 glasses of wine).
Possibly. An alcohol induced heart arrhythmia (electrical abnormality in the heart triggered by alcohol) or simply dehydration are reasons that come to mind. There are other possibilities, so i would be seen by your doctor to further deliniate. Would recommend heart tracing or holter monitor. Meanwhile, i would stop drinking/wean off alcohol until this is worked up.