Is it safe to take ibuprofen while on birth control?

Dr. Timothy Brown

There are no known interactions between ibuprofen and birth control pill.
In fact, since one of the rare side effects of the pill are blood clots, and since ibuprofen has a mild anti-platelet effect, there might actually be a small benefit!

Dr. Timothy Brown
Dr. Timothy Brown
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: No reason u cant UNL

Unless you are taking a bcpill with drispirinone like yasmin or b Yaz (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) or Yaz (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) or one of the other pills that has drsipirinone in it, cause then there could be a problem if u have to take Ibuprofen more than a few days, please discuss with your gyn, my #1 pill i prescribe is loloestrin.

In brief: No reason u cant UNL

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham