Is the fibromyalgia a fatal disease?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: No

Fibromyalgia is accompanied by a certain degree of misery and discomfort, it will not cause loss of life.
The only risk is profound depression which could make you seriously ill.

In brief: No

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Divyansu Patel

In brief: No

It not a fatal but it has pain issues.

In brief: No

It not a fatal but it has pain issues.
Dr. Divyansu Patel
Dr. Divyansu Patel
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

In brief: Yes and no

Can fibromyalgia (FM) cause death? FM tissue disorders not directly life threatening.
Pain & suffering attendant w. FM have been reputed to incite suicide but, like opiate overdose, issue is confounded by seeming coroners' tendencies to err to "unintentional overdose"; keeping stats sanitized & politically correct. Recent federal attempts to roll back formerly approved opiate use is worrisome.

In brief: Yes and no

Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
At Quora.com, under my name, and on my Pain Syndrome board of posts, I offer 100 essays devoted to the cause and treatment of Fibromyalgia.  At Healthtap.com, I have answered dozens of questions about these subjects, and which can probably be accessed.