I take. Propranolol 60mg er. Synthroid 50 mcg. Wellbutrin (bupropion) 100 mg sr and . Zoloft. 75mg. Can I drink alcohol? If I get intoxicated what could happen?

Dr. Daniel Konold
In brief: Yes in moderation
Antidepressants can make you more sensitive to alcohol; you can be intoxicated more quickly than usual.
A 4 ounce glass of wine should be perfectly safe as long as you are not driving. Risks of intoxicaton include liver disease, impaired motor skills, memory loss, loss of your cell phone and finding yourself in an unexpected relatonship.

In brief: Yes in moderation
Dr. Daniel Konold
Dr. Daniel Konold
Dr. Susan Uhrich
In brief: Easy does it.
Several things are possible.
Your blood pressure could drop lower than it should be, or you could have a blackout. Perhaps of most concern is that you are on 2 antidepressants and every drop of alcohol is a depressant. Your meds are not likely to be fully effective!

In brief: Easy does it.
Several things are possible.
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology