What's autism and aspergers and is there a relation?

Dr. Frank Gaskill
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: Aspergers.

Aspergers is awesome! the dsm5 failed.
If you want to know a lot more. Watch my dr g aspie show at http://www.Southeastpsychstudios.Com.

In brief: Aspergers.

Aspergers is awesome! the dsm5 failed.
Dr. Frank Gaskill
Dr. Frank Gaskill
Dr. Forrest Jones
Dr G Aspie Show: great! I especially like the thought bubbles. I didn't see the terms defined in this particular episode, but get the broader picture with potential of learning much more.
Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: Asbergers is

part of the autism spectrum disorder: I would question wheter autism is actually "awesome"- and I cetainly recommend early intervention, counseling psychotherapy, family counseling, and group support.

In brief: Asbergers is

Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: Because the same

core deficits - diminished or absent joint attention, facial recognition & Theory Of Mind - exist in all types of Autistic Spectrum Disorder, the diagnoses of Asperger Syndrome & PDD-NOS were subsumed into ASD in the DSM-V.
The level of ASD is defined by the type & degree of supports needed for a person with ASD to function optimally, 1 being the lowest level of need & 3 being the highest.

In brief: Because the same

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Related

Too complex a question to answer in just 400 words.
Please go to autism speaks.Org for additional information.

In brief: Related

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman