My bf has been feeling dizzy, nauseous, faint, & \arms get cold & tingly for 2 wks. He went to the ER & had blood drawn& was ok. His heart rate is 44?

Dr. Mark Rasak
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Maybe a sign of....
The slow heart rate could be a sign and not the etiology.
Pts with vasodepressor syndrome or nuerocardiogenic syncope can present like this. A stress echo , a holter , and a tilt table test along with labs including thyroid panel should be done . A complete h&p should be done of course and a list of all meds including natural supplements.

In brief: Maybe a sign of....
Dr. Mark Rasak
Dr. Mark Rasak
Dr. Slade Suchecki
In brief: Bradycardia
I agree with medical student, david miller- bardycardia is defined as a heart rate below 60 beats per minute.
It can have a wide variety of causes and can certainly cause the symptoms you described. He needs to follow up with is doc and possibly see a cardiologist.

In brief: Bradycardia
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology