My legs get cold and numb and they never did before I had diabeties, i'm 75?

David Miller

In brief: Bad circulation

Diabetes can cause problems with the circulation in your legs and feet, causing the symptoms you're describing.
It can also damage the nerves, leading to permanent loss of feeling. You need to see your doctor right away to adjust your Insulin and/or meds to improve your control. Don't wait on this, see your doc right away! also ask the doctor to refer you to a neurologist and circulation doctor.

In brief: Bad circulation

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Few things

Your symptoms could be caused by many things including: lack of blood flow to the legs, nerve damage from uncontrolled diabetes (neuropathy) or combination of both.
I'm sure you are seeing your doctor regularly for the diabetes but if the symptoms above are severe, you might need vascular study to evaluate blood flow to the legs. If partial blockage is found, stenting can improve your symptoms.

In brief: Few things

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen