I have this tiny black spot in my belly button. I tried to get it out and it starte to bleed. What is it?! I am not and have never been pregnant

Dr. Amy Deeken
Pathology

In brief: Have it checked

There are many things it could be and an examination is the best way to find out.
It is most likely a nevus (a mole). Sometimes young women can also get benign implants of endometriosis in their navel, however, these tend to bleed with your menstrual cycle. Rarely in a young woman, a bleeding pigmented lesion could be a melanoma -so please have it checked to find out for sure.

In brief: Have it checked

Dr. Amy Deeken
Dr. Amy Deeken
Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Stop picking

If its not dirt then it may just be a birth mark.
Let your doctor look. Not sure why you mention pregnancy. Your belly button has nothing to do with being pregnant. Your belly button was attached to your moms placenta when you were a fetus.

In brief: Stop picking

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Adam Levy