My xray result is 8mm cyct at the greater tuberosity. What does it mean? What's the treatment ? Do I need surgery? Thank you

Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Unicameralbone cyts

Unicamera lbone cyst are benign but can be cause of fracures if large and around hip so biopsy and grafting to prevent frx is usually the recommended course plus biopsy of tissue during surgery confirms thedx 8mm is small they may just watch it with serial xrays.

In brief: Unicameralbone cyts

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: I think I could help

* mm cyst in greater tuberosity, most likely this cyst was discover it when taken x-ray on shoulder for some other reason? This called unicarmel bone cyst, could be watched and see if get bigger you should have cat scan of that area.
This what i think other diagnosis should be consider. The final judgment for your orthopedic surgeon. Thank you and good luck..

In brief: I think I could help

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery