I had fat transfer done in my lips but one side is more swollen then other, by a lot! is this normal and does it mean that side will heal bigger?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Asymmetric Lip Aug
It is highly unlikelyt that the surgeon injected you unevenly and the difference you are currently experiencing may be due to post operative swelling which is greatest in the first four days following fat transfer.
This is likely to improve. However, contact your surgeon to ensure that this is not due to bleeding. Positional changes, such as the way you sleep at night, could make it worse. Use ice.

In brief: Asymmetric Lip Aug
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Nima Shemirani
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Fat transfer
Dear jc6, i also answered your other questions.
If you are still early in the healing phase, it will get better. I would wait at least a month, and at the 6 month mark, your results are more final. See your surgeon and talk to him about it. Best, nima shemirani.

In brief: Fat transfer
Dr. Nima Shemirani
Dr. Nima Shemirani
Dr. Mark Johnson
Aesthetic Medicine
In brief: Asymetric lips
Dr placik's answer was right on.
My guess is you are still about 2 weeks out. These asymetries usually correct themselves by around 4 weeks post op.

In brief: Asymetric lips
Dr placik's answer was right on.
Dr. Mark Johnson
Dr. Mark Johnson
Dr. Robert Schnarrs
If it does not look like its symmetrical then go back to your plastic surgeon you may need just a little more filler to offset it
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Normal
It is normal for the lips to swell differently from one side or the other. You will need to allow for all swelling to resolve before considering if any revisions are necessary.

In brief: Normal
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
In brief: Probably
Swelling and bruising after plastic surgery is normal, however both sides should be even unless there is a hematoma (blood clot) on the side which is more swollen.
Wait and see. Hopefully swelling will settle down and look normal. Fat transfer to enlarge lips is a controversial procedure.

In brief: Probably
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery
In brief: May not be a problem
You can get free consult near you.
Call: 877drsisto(877.377.4786).

In brief: May not be a problem
You can get free consult near you.
Call: 877drsisto(877.377.4786).
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Time + advice
Transfer of fat is done with the assumption that some of the fat will absorb over time with healing and recontouring.
If you are concerned about the symmetry, please ask your treating surgeon. Sometimes message can help with the patterning and sometimes a touch up might be needed. Also inflammation can set in which needs to be seen fairly soon to correct.

In brief: Time + advice
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Andrea Brand