My psoriasis on my hand gets really flaky so I peel it off. Is there any reason I should not peel the flakes away..It is itchy if I do not peel?

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: It depends..

The flaking/scaling on these areas are actually dead scabs and so should not cause much problem..
Unless peeling it off also peels of your skin/causing bleeding etc....Which may expose it to infection etc...So be careful...

In brief: It depends..

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Michelle Chambers
Dermatology

In brief: Hand psoriasis

Its ok to remove skin that is " dead" and ready to come off as long as you don't cause open wounds.
Also try products with Lactic Acid or urea in an ointment or creamy base to moisturize and help to exfoliate the dead skin. Also moisturize with a bland ( no active ingredient) emollient on a regular basis.

In brief: Hand psoriasis

Dr. Michelle Chambers
Dr. Michelle Chambers
Dr. Marsha Davis