If someone sprayed roach or wasp poison by plates and I got a plate to eat out of before I knew will I die?

Dr. Paul Carter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Not Likely

Most pesticides for indoor use are not organophosphates, but less toxic chemicals.
Very small exposures are not likely to cause life threatening symptoms. Older organophosphate chemicals are much more toxic and can be absorbed through the skin. These chemicals are much more likely to result in death.

In brief: Not Likely

Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. James Marx
Pain Management

In brief: Probablly Not

If you haven't died by the time you read this you probably will not die.
Seriously, the signs of insecticide poisoning are the same as nerve gas like copious saliva, difficulty breathing, etc. You would know something was wrong, generally, immediately. Some people feel that chronic exposure to insecticides can cause more long term problems-so it's best to avoid chronic exposures.

In brief: Probablly Not

Dr. James Marx
Dr. James Marx
Dr. Arnon Rubin