How can I lose weight when I am hypo thyroid? I am taking levothyroxine .175 and blood test said was balanced. I am 49 and eat healthy/exercise w/150

Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Check other things

Losing weight does become harder with age but get some things checked.
Get your resting metabolism rate checked (wt loss centers do this), have your free T3 (liothyronine) checked since that can help with wt loss maintenance, eat less, and consider getting your other hormones tested for menopause/andropause and or adrenal fatigue.

In brief: Check other things

Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: It gets harder

Generally, the older we get the more difficult to lose the lbs.
It is basically this: 2 people working out for an hour, but a 20-yr old can lift 200 lbs comparing to a 50 yr old who can only lift 100 lbs. It takes twice the energy to lift 200, thus the 20 yr old can burn off more calories eventhough both working out same amount of time.... Keep up the good work and good luck..It is hard...

In brief: It gets harder

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Marsha Davis