Is there anything I can be taking during the day so I can breath? My nose is stuffed up and it hurts behind my eyes?

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Pill or nasal sprays

If it is due to a cold, some otc decongestants such as sudafed or afrin for 3-5 days may help.
If it is chronic, you may have allergies and/or nasal septum deviation etc...See a doc who will check it out for you--for allergies, prescription nasal sprays can be quite effective!

In brief: Pill or nasal sprays

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: Time

If your congestion is due to a cold virus, then the symptoms will go away in a few days.
Otc drugs are marginally effective& may cause unwanted side effects such as jitteriness, insomnia, irritability, increased blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmia, muscle cramps, headache (netti pot rare infection). Best to stay well hydrated. Use a warm moist vaporizer. If you don't get better see your doctor.

In brief: Time

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Robert Knox
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Stuffy Nose Daytime

An oral decongestant, such as sudafed, may help relieve the stuffiness.
Better to see you doctor to get a prescription for a nasal steroid spray, such as Flonase or nasonex (mometasone). Topical decongestants, such as afrin, work very well, but can't be used for more than a couple days at a time --- for concern of developing tolerance -- don't want to get addicted to otc nose sprays.

In brief: Stuffy Nose Daytime

Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. William Forsythe