I was diagnosed with endometriosis after laproscopy. I gained 20 lbs and keep having periods for 15 days, have brown & pink discharge. I want kids?

Dr. Luis Gonzalez
In brief: Endometriosis
Endometriosis is often associated with infertility.
Weight gain contributes to menstrual irregularity. You should be treated by a specialist that can remove endometriosis by laparoscopic surgery. The removal of this disease may improve your future fertility.

In brief: Endometriosis
Dr. Luis Gonzalez
Dr. Luis Gonzalez
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Specialist
Yes, is is very important to see a specialist to evaluate everything related to endometriosis and infertility: the tubes, ovaries, and hormones so you can get a realistic estimate of what is going on.
You don't want to let infertility set in too long when endometriosis is present, especially when your periods are changing. That can also be a sign of a decline in the number of eggs you have.

In brief: Specialist
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Cindy Juster