I just got my xray result. It says I have a blunting in my catasphrenic angle. Does it suggest I have a possible tb?

Dr. Joel Bessmer

In brief: No

Blunting of the costophrenic angle is usually caused by accumulation of a small amount of fluid and may be a normal finding.
It is certainly not a specific finding. It may be a finding in TB but their would be others as well.

In brief: No

Dr. Joel Bessmer
Dr. Joel Bessmer
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Not necessarily

Blunting at the costophrenic angle usually means that you have a small amount of fluid in the pleural space.
This can be due to many causes. If you had active tuberculosis with pleural involvement it is likely you would have many other symptoms, including loss of appetite, weight loss, night sweats, fever, possibly cough, etc. If you are worried about TB get a skin test and work-up.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology