I am scared im only 18 and when I see my psychiatrist she checks my height a year ago I was 5'3 october 2011 I went to 5'2 and now im 5'1. Im scared.?

Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: Don't be.

Your height measurement can vary depending on how you're measured, what you're wearing, what your posture is.
Be sure to take off your shoes and stand very straight when you're being measured. Someone your age doesn't lose two inches in a year.

In brief: Don't be.

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Steven Reidbord

In brief: Have no fear :)

It is very unlikely that you are really getting shorter. It's probably measurement error, for example if you were measured wearing shoes.
People normally start to get very slightly shorter after about age 30, as years of gravity compact the spine. Unless you have scoliosis (abnormal spine curvature) or similar — and you would already know this — you have nothing to worry about.

In brief: Have no fear :)

Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Puzzling

It is curious that your psychiatrist is checking your height; have you discussed this with him/ her? Do you feel that you are 'shrinking'? Discuss this with your therapist.

In brief: Puzzling

Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine
Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham