I have sle is that normal to have flares? I have flares that takes a week, then come back after few days, though on prednisone imuran, plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine)

See below. If you are having frequent flares, one you want to reduce your uv exposure by avoiding the sun during peak hours and wearing sun screen. Secondly, if you are smoking, you need to quit as this reduces the efficacy of plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine).
Yes and no. You don't describe the specific problems you experience with the flares so the question is somewhat difficult to answer. Flares are part of the disease but some newer therapies have been very helpful in reducing the frequency and severity of flares. Benlysta (belimumab) is a newer agent that I have found to be very helpful in several of my lupus patients. Speak with your rheumatologist.
Lupus flares. Yes. The flares are common in lupus. First the disease itself then the medications get immune system down. The frequency and duration of relapse and remission are unknown. Remain in touch with your doctor.