Hi, my 9 year old daughter is wheezing, coughing, constant chest pain, and has trouble breathing. She was negative for cf, and taking a asthma test.

Has asthma. Your child has asthma. A asthma test is a good idea to see what her baseline lung function is, but it is not needed to make the diagnosis here. She has wheezing, cough, dyspnea (trouble breathing) - she has asthma.She needs to be hit hard with meds immediately to get symptoms under control - she may even be bad enough for inpatient admission. Then the doc visits to asthma and/or allergy specialist.
Pulmonary testing. Pfts with and without a bronchodilator or a challenge test can be performed to assess the reactivity of the airway. This is one way to determine if she has asthma. A chest x-ray can help determine if there are structural abnormalities of the lung. In addition, if she has had multiple infections, she may need to have a work up immune problems. I hope this helps prmg fax8582599689.