My baby is 11month old she has been having a fever since wednesday and I took her to the hospital and they told me it was an ear infection what can do ?

Dr. Anna Meyer
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery - Pediatric
In brief: Antibiotics
Usually infants are treated with antibiotics for ear infections, though the majority will resolve on their own.
In older children we may watch before giving antibiotics. If your baby is acting well, it is not necessary to give medicines to reduce fever, but if they are fussy or waking often, Ibuprofen may help. If the fever has not come down in 48 hours, then you should return to the doctor.

In brief: Antibiotics
Dr. Anna Meyer
Dr. Anna Meyer
Dr. Slade Suchecki
In brief: Are you?
Are you giving your child the treatment provided/recommended (tylenol/motrin/antibiotic)? What antibiotic was given.
In order to treat otitis media it requires higher doses and you may also have a resistant bug which may require another course of same or different antibiotic. Also eliminate things in home that can precipitate (ie smoking) if fever persists bring back to physician.

In brief: Are you?
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine