I am on my period a blood came out. It look strange it was wierd it was small with a string on it the string attach to it . What could have caused it?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Clot with mucous

Hard to say exactly.
It sounds like a small blood clot with mucous. Both mucous and clot can get stringy looking after it sits in the back of the vagina for awhile.

In brief: Clot with mucous

Hard to say exactly.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. David Finke

In brief: IUD?

Have you ever had an iud inserted for contraception? Rarely, they can be expelled or dislodged in about 1 in 2000 women.

In brief: IUD?

Dr. David Finke
Dr. David Finke
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Was it a tampon?

Might you have forgotten that you had a tampon in your vagina?

In brief: Was it a tampon?

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Slade Suchecki
I took care of a patient with similar situation. It was a tampon - with the cardboard applicator... Patient almost developed into septic picture. Remove it - consider a thorough GYN exam to ensure it is all out and not anything else.
Dr. Adam Levy