I am thinking of taking d-ribose for energy. What should I know about it? Do you consider it generally safe? I have sleep apnea & fibromyalgia-like sx

Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: D-ribose
D-ribose is a suuplement which is recommended for fibromyalgia and lack of energy and diastolic heart failure.
The dose to be effective is 5 gms three times a day for three weeks and then 5 grms twice aday.You should use corvalen form which is better.It comes in a package of 280 grms and if after using the whole package you dont see any benifit then it is not going to work for you.

In brief: D-ribose
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Sherin Ibrahim Howett
If treating your fibromyalgia doesn't improve your symptoms, consider re-evaluation of your sleep apnea. Make sure you're being treated appropriately with the correct pressure if you're on CPAP. Make sure you follow up with your sleep specialist.
Dr. Thomas Stern
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: D ribose
There is some preliminary evidence that d ribose improves symptoms of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.
I am not aware of any data regarding its use in sleep apnea.

In brief: D ribose
Dr. Thomas Stern
Dr. Thomas Stern
Dr. Adam Levy