Had diarrhea, vomiting, stomach cramps 3 days, now my ribs hurt when breathe deep, pain goes up shoulder & neck..Why?

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Ribs hurt
Just as severe coughing (typically from asthma) can cause your rib muscles to ache, repeated vomiting can do the same thing.
The other possibility is that this probably viral illness that you had may have inflammed the lining of your lung, which causes a sharp pain on breathing in called "pleurisy.".

In brief: Ribs hurt
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
David Miller
In brief: Vomiting
If you've been vomiting for three days, then you likely have some musculoskelatol soreness in your ribs, shoulders and neck from the exertion.
I would suggest you seek out a local do for some omm to help hasten your recovery.

In brief: Vomiting
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Arnon Rubin