What are the best tests for thyroid? Having trouble losing weight, multiple docs suggest thyroid, but TSH is always normal. Should I be satisfied?

Weight loss. 1st get history & examine pt. 2nd order lab and test based on 1. 3rd treat based on #2. 4th if no answer go thru 1-3 again. 5th refer when indicated. Doctors think common thing first the least common things second that is why in some occasions it take months to figure out a diagnosis. Thyroid conditions could be challenging to diagnose. Testing will depend on many factors.
Probably. If it has been more than a year since your last tsh, you might consider getting it rechecked. There are a number of factors that can contribute to difficulty with weight loss and the thyroid is only one of them. You might consider visiting with your md about other options.