I have congestive heart failure with a 30% ejection fraction, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy , and left bundle branch block is it safe for me to fly?

Dr. Peter Karpawich
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Depends

It depends on your overall health.
Do you have an icd, are you on daily oxygen, daily medications, can you sit for exended lengths of time, how long is the flight? Commercial airlines have cabin pressures set to about 7000ft. So if you can tolerate that altitude (denver is about 5600ft), air travel may be ok. Discuss with your doctor. Tsa will need to know if you have an icd.

In brief: Depends

It depends on your overall health.
Dr. Peter Karpawich
Dr. Peter Karpawich
Dr. Rick Koch
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: If you are

Euvolemic and hemodynamically stable with minimal symptoms...Yes!

In brief: If you are

Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology