I have artheritis in my lower back. Can the cold and damp weather bother my back and make it hurt.?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
Weather changes effect arthritis , cold weather , damp weather also have bad effect on this condition .
Thanks.

Thanks.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Wrong. Pressure/pain
Joseph hollander, md, demonstrated that fall in barometric pressure was associated with increased pain, not humidity or rain per se, although a fall in BP usually prececeds precipitation.
It is neither tempurature or humidity. Yes, pts with arthritis can be "weathermen.".

In brief: Wrong. Pressure/pain
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Michio Abe
In brief: Arthritis & weather
Although there is no strong scientific evidence that weather changes universally affect arthritis symptoms, it is very common for arthritis patients to feel more pain in the cold and damp weather. There may be potential connections between atmospheric conditions (temperature, barometric pressure, and humidity) and arthritic pain.

In brief: Arthritis & weather
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. William Forsythe