What is the cause of blue veins popping around nipples and breast?

Such findings are... Such findings are often seen with pregnancy as the body prepares for lactation. Are you nipples sore? Please see your physician to verify or rule out pregnancy and have a complete physical exam to verify. Always consult your physician regarding verification of any health issues, disease, nutrition, exercise and mental wellness. Answers provided by dr. Michael w. Turner are provided as gene.
Normal finding. I am amazed about how often I have women ask me about the veins on their breast. Occasionally they are spider veins but mostly they are blue veins. These are almost always normal findings and normal variations of chest veins. They tend to be more pronounced in fair skinned females and they may be related to hereditary factors or even pregnancies. No treatment is necessary unless for cosmetics.