About 3days ago I felt a lump in my armpit, it started getting bigger swelling and red. It gets agitated by my bra and it is painful. What could it be?

Dr. Cynthia Point

In brief: Infection?

There are several possibilities.
It could be a small infection around a hair follicle, or a lymph node which is swollen because of an injury to your hand or finger. You should see a doctor, have a good breast exam also, as it could be related to a breast problem. Try to find a bra that doesn't rub it, and get seen soon. To make it less uncomfortable, try some hot compresses, and don"t squeezei.

In brief: Infection?

There are several possibilities.
Dr. Cynthia Point
Dr. Cynthia Point
Dr. Swati Avashia
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics

In brief: Abscess

You might have an abscess.
Sometimes these need to be cut open and drained. I would apply warm compresses for 10-15 minutes four times a day and use a triple antibiotic ointment 2-3 times a day. If it's not improving in 24-48 hour you should see a doctor. If it is larger than a dime, really painful, has red streaks, or you are feverish you may want to see a doctor today.

In brief: Abscess

You might have an abscess.
Dr. Swati Avashia
Dr. Swati Avashia
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Axillar lump

Could be hydradenitis suppurativa or an abscess and it likely requires antibiotics and possibly surgery ( incision and drainage or removal of the sweat glands).
It there is no redness i would think in an enlarged lymph node suggestive of hodgkin or lymphoma or associated to cancer ( intra thoracic or from breast).

In brief: Axillar lump

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham