Female with low sexual desire. What causes it? Treatment? I take birth control pill but had low desire b4. Love my boyfriend but i need advice to help

Dr. Donald Steinmuller
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Enter study

This is a common problem. There is no FDA approved treatment, but one medication is undergoing the final trials for approval and has shown some beneficial effects in earlier trials (Bremelanotide).
Consider participating in this trial: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02333071?term=Bremelanotide&rank=2 For other suggestions see my checklist "Improving sexual desire".

In brief: Enter study

Dr. Leonard Lado

In brief: Wife libido

Sexual desire and libido in women need to explored more in terms of the quality of intimacy and relationship with her partner. This is assuming all physical and biological causes has been excluded.
Also the use of certain medications can reduce libido. If you are defining low libido as low desire perhaps a dialogue with your husband an be a good start. If he expects it might turn you off.

In brief: Wife libido

Dr. Adam Levy