7yo has a brown area on his penis, near where the circumcision was. 5mm x 2mm. Has been bedwetting a bit. Fungal? I have nystatin-should I try it?

Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: More info needed

We need more information.
How long has it been there? If present since birth, it may be a birthmark. Thus it is harmless and not related to any problems.If new, then you see your doctor. I doubt that it sounds like a fungus.

In brief: More info needed

We need more information.
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Probably not fungal

And probably not related to bed wetting.
Would need to see a picture of the "brown area" at the circumcision site. Has your pediatriciam seen it?

In brief: Probably not fungal

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Charlene Sojico

In brief: Doubt fungal

Sounds like a benign rash or birthmark.
Applying nystatatin isn't going to clear the rash.And the bedwetting is a separate issue.Please have him examined by his pediatrician.

In brief: Doubt fungal

Sounds like a benign rash or birthmark.
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Adam Levy