Why would my hand be swelling, fingers stiff and severe pain in my hand after rotator cuff surgery?

Dr. Tracy Berg
Surgery

In brief: Post surgery care

You need to report this extremity swelling to your surgery team. In the recovery period, set backs and problems need to be evaluated to avoid serious problems.
An ultrasound of your arm will rule out a DVT as the cause of swelling. If you do have a surgery related dvt, then early diagnosis and treatment is a benefit.

In brief: Post surgery care

Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Charles Toman
Sports Medicine

In brief: Positioning

During surgery I use an arm positioning device that holds on to the hand wrist fingers and forearm. Many surgeons use this.
I have had a few patients complain of this type "wrist or hand sprain". I have just added a little therapy to the affected areas and universally people have improved. Thanks.

In brief: Positioning

Dr. Charles Toman
Dr. Charles Toman
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine