I have multiple echogenic calculi in the gallbladder and I have the pain in the right side.What I have to do?But I am 26 old.

Dr. Joseph Accurso
Radiology

In brief: Consider GI or Surg

Consultation for additional evaluation.
Surgery may be in your future. If evaluating gallbladder function is desired, then a hida scan (also called hepatobiliary scan) may be ordered. Most helpful for you: hida with cck - uses a radioactive chemical injected via a vein to evaluate how the gallbladder fills with bile and also includes a hormone injection to see if gb empties like it should.

In brief: Consider GI or Surg

Consultation for additional evaluation.
Dr. Joseph Accurso
Dr. Joseph Accurso

In brief: See your surgeon

A quick exam and history by your general surgeon will probably be able to confirm that the gallstones are causing your symptoms (or not).
If so, then 26 is not too young or even an unusual age for a laparoscopic gallbladder surgery. If you need it, its better to get this done when you can plan for it rather than wait for an emergency.

In brief: See your surgeon

Dr. John Valente
Dr. John Valente
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery