I use a nebulizer with my albuteral and now i. Have a cough what can I do for it?

Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Call your doc

O/c cough meds may help a cough caused by drainage, but if it is from something else and the albuterol is not helping, you need to see your doc.

In brief: Call your doc

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Asthma?

Assuming you have asthma and that is the reason for the albuterol, the cough may be another manifestation of bronchospasm/inflammation and you may need to add a steroid inhaler to your regimen.
See your doctor to be sure and to prescribe the inhaler. Also, be sure you are cleaning your nebulizer and its supplies after each treatment to avoid infection from this source.

In brief: Asthma?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology