My sister, age 31 has hypothyroidism, pcod. She has rashes all over body now. What is the treatment and which specialist we need to consult.?

Dr. Stephen Scarantino

In brief: Multifactorial...

A generalized rash like you are describing is not specific for or diagnostic of any particular condition.
Many medical conditions, medications and/or environmental exposures can cause a rash. I would recommend that she sees any one of her physicians but may require the consultation of a dermatologist to help her.

In brief: Multifactorial...

Dr. Stephen Scarantino
Dr. Stephen Scarantino
Dr. Michael Rothman

In brief: Hormonal imbalance

Pcos is caused by high estrogen combined with high Insulin which then transforms estrogen into testosterone.
The high estrogen leads to excess growth of follicles and the elevated testosterone leads to abnormal hair growth a low carbohydrate diet is needed. Also iodine deficiency can contribute to this problem. All of these metabolic problems can lead to suppresion of your thyroid as well.

In brief: Hormonal imbalance

Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Marsha Davis