Is restless leg syndrome a psychological problem or a sign of a physical ailment?

Physical. The cause of restless leg syndrome is not completely understood, but we do know that iron and Dopamine can be involved. Psychological issues like anxiety can aggravate it.
Restless legs. Restless legs syndrome (rls) is a clinical diagnosis based primarily on self-reports of individuals. It should have (a) desire to move the extremities, often associated with unsual skin sensation; (b) motor restlessness; (c) worsening of symptoms at rest with at least temporary relief by activity, and (d) worsening of symptoms in the evening or night. Anxiety one of the psychological causes.